Multicultural Youth Support Services (MYSS) is a not-for-profit organisation that seeks to build resilience in young people who come from marginalised multicultural communities. Supporting young people primarily within the African communities of Victoria. We’re focused on facilitating connections and deliver practical and culturally appropriate services that strengthens our young people’s sense of belonging, and achieves positive outcomes for families.
Guided by our vision that young people from refugee families are engaged, resilient, and thriving, we are:
- Community centred by offering responsive and culturally appropriate services developed and led by our community
- Focused on achieving outcomes supporting resilience for young people with refugee backgrounds
- Collaborative with the community and partner organisations
- Holistic as we recognise the importance of families and the community in raising resilient children; and
- Responsible to those whom we serve, our refugee communities and partner organisations